These are the doctors, nurses and reception staff working at Dargaville Medical Centre.
We encourage you to develop a relationship with one doctor in the interests of continuity of care.
Dr. Derek Gibbons
MBChB 1971 Otago, FRNZCGP, FAMPA
Chairman. Special interests include rural hospital medicine.
Dr. Lawrie Herd
MBChB 1978 Liverpool, FRNZCGP
Honorary Senior Lecturer University of Auckland. GP teacher. Special interests include dermatology and minor surgery.
Dr. Michael Hogan
MBBCh 1978 NU Ireland, FRNZCGP
Special interests include long-term family medicine and teaching emergency care.
Dr. Liz Humm
MBChB 1988 Leicester, FRNZCGP, FDRHMNZ
GP teacher. Special interests include mental health and addiction and teaching of students and doctors.
Dr. Scott Davidson
MBChB 1993 Auckland, FRNZCGP, FDRHMNZ
Special interests include ophthalmology, skin surgery and emergency ultrasounds.
Dr. Stuart Norrie
MBChB 1979 Birmingham, DRCOG, MRCGP, FRNZCGP
General family medicine and minor surgery.
Dr. roz Godfrey
MBChB 1992 Auckland, FRNZCGP
General family medicine.
Dr. Tama Herman
MBChB 2006 Auckland, FRNZCGP
Special interests include sport medicine.
Dr. cathy hurd
Bsc 1995 CCFP 2001 MD 1999 Saskatchewan, FRNZCGP
Special interests include general family medicine and quality control.
Dr. Neil Hopkins
MBChB 1980 Otago, FRNZCGP, FDRHMNZ
Special interests include general surgery.
Dr. bev Hopkins
MBChB 1982 Otago, FRNZCGP
Special interests include women's health and Te Ao Maori.
Dr. Jim schimanski
MBChB 2009 Auckland, FRNZCGP
General family medicine.
Dr. Steve thrupp
MA (Hons) 1999 Auckland MBChB 2006 Otago, FRNZCGP
Special interests include resuscitation, skin cancer and men's health.
Practice and Clinical Manager: Judy Harris
- Sue Harris (Practice Nurse Manager, emergency nursing)
- Gerard Van Der Harst (Ruawai practice nurse)
- Rosemary Child (cervical smears, immunisation, smoking cessation, women's health, warfarin control)
- Doey Sullivan (cervical smears, smoking cessation, women's health, asthma education)
- Carolyn McNabb (skin recall, immunisation)
- Candy Herman
- Hayley Hutton (cervical smears, asthma education, women's health)
- Angela Hansen (cervical smears, women's health and screening)
- Ajesh Robi (emergency nursing)
- Katherine Tahere (cardiovascular risk assessment)
- Mandy Talijanicich (paediatrics)
- Tracey Henderson (diabetes)
- Grace Flight
- Val Ridler (theatre)
- Pauline Ioka
- Jemma Douglas (reception/finance manager)
- Carmen Beynon
- Rosa Va'a
- Tana Iosefa
- Alisi Lama
- Sherrill Morgan
- Daryl Cathro
- Janelle Foster
- Diane McKenzie
- Jaimee Lewis